Monday, April 03, 2017

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: March 2017


I neglected to mention on my last post that Astrid and I were off to Italy the next day, March 24th, for an 11-day vacation!  THIS is the 11th day, in Verano, (we started off first with 7 days in Venice) and I actually have the time to catch up on March's Saturdays and Sundays before we head for home tomorrow.

My Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for March 2017:

March 5 (photo manipulation):
"If thou of fortune be bereft, and in thy store there be but left two loaves, sell one, 
and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed thy soul." --John Greenleaf Whittier
[Also attributed to Elbert Hubbard, a Persian poet, and Herodotus!]


March 12 (photo manipulation):
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
--Alice Walker


March 19 (photo manipulation):
"Beyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood as light to darkness."
--Leonardo da Vinci


March 26 (photo manipulation):
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for March:


(finished 24 January 2017, posted on FB 4 March 2017)
From my Kaleido Color book on black-background paper, I learn how much "black" can make
colors look good.  I suppose there's a little sermon in there somewhere?


(finished 9 February 2017, posted on FB 11 March 2017)
With Spring well on the way and St. Paddy's Day coming, I'm thinking GREEN.  YUP.
I especially like coloring all the black lines in between the glass.  Weird, I know.
(from my Stained Glass book)


(finished 22 February 2017, posted on FB 18 March 2017)
With this mandala, I started first with black and had a long time to think 
about the one other color I'd add:  GREEN.  Yes, in honor of St. Paddy's Day.  
With only 4K+/- Irish expats in the Netherlands, the Dutch don't celebrate it like we Americans.
So for those of you who do, enjoy more green for your weekend.


(finished 2 January 2017, posted on FB 25 March 2017)
I love the yellows and yellow-greens of early spring, which I chose for this mini-mandala (6 x 6).
Happy Spring!


Now it's time to pack!  Astrid and I return home from Italy tomorrow morning.
I guess you know what's in store for you, right?!


8 comments:

  1. The mandalas are fabulous! Are you sure the green isn't for MSU? :D

    Weird about the Whittier quote being attributed to others!

    I love the peacock feathers (that's what they look like to me), and how you love coloring the black.

    So excited for posts on Venice and Verona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth, always, for your support of my coloring. You know how much it calms my soul. So strange that I love coloring the black in these designs. It's the finishing touch for me!

      I hope by the time I'm done you won't be sick and tired of Venice and Verona. HA!

      Delete
  2. what's in store for us? hmmmm, what could it be? lol

    i sure do love the way you do the watercolours... you always pick the perfect pictures and do it so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope you don't get sick and tired of what I'll have to show of THIS trip, Elaine. HA!

      But thanks for your support of my watercolors, which means a lot to me. I try to pick ones that work...because not all of them do, as you know.

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite in this group is the very first one! Can't wait to get to the Italy posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love finding out the favorites of different followers, Robin, so thanks. The reason why it's taken me so long to get to these comments is because I've been working hard on my next Italy post. Many more to come, of course!

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...