Thursday, February 02, 2017

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: January 2017


Two days ago, when I said to Astrid, "Tomorrow is February!" she said:  "It's almost Christmas!"  HA!  How is that possible!

But, not to get ahead of ourselves, here's my Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for January:

January 1 (photo manipulation):
"And now we welcome the new year.  Full of things that have never been."
--Rainer Maria Rilke


January 8 (photo manipulation):
"One kind word can warm three winter months."
--Japanese Proverb

[Even though this image is from 2012, we awakened to a thin layer of snow yesterday
here in the Netherlands.  FINALLY!]


January 15 (photo manipulation):
"You can't get too much winter in the winter." --Robert Frost
[I'm speaking for us here in the Netherlands, of course!]


January 22 (photo manipulation):
"You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves." --Joseph Stalin

"Don't be a patron of disbelief; nobody fights and wins battles in the hand gloves of doubts."
--Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the Dream


January 29 (photo manipulation):
"It's a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water."
--Franklin P. Jones

"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of dispute."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for January:

(finished on 1 September 2015, posted on FB 7 January 2017)
Because we need perspective and LOTS of sunny, encouraging days in this year ahead,
I start off with an Op Art design.


(finished on 9 December 2016, posted on FB 14 January 2017)
In this Color Me Fearless design, I saw Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
Yup.  The same Da Vinci who said "When there is shouting there is no true knowledge"...
and "The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"...
and "It's easier to resist at the beginning than at the end."
Da Vinci lived from 1452-1519.


(finished on 16 January 2017, posted on FB 21 January 2017)
For all women (and friends) marching around the world today, to demonstrate commitment 
to the ideals of freedom, equality and opportunity for all, I saw pink and purple Pussy Hats
in this Mandala.  May this be but a jump-off for hope becoming action!


(finished on 24 December 2016, posted on FB 28 January 2017)
With words/phrases flying around like "optics," "fake news," and "alternative facts,"
it makes sense to add an optical illusion eye-smacker, right?!
(from my wee 5x7 Mindfulness book)


Less than 11 months till Christmas!


14 comments:

  1. Love all of this work, especially the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. It's very soulful and fun for me, both modes of creativity. :)

      Delete
  2. I like quite particularly the first photos where your processing produced beautiful watercolors. Formerly I painted a lot, only watercolors and then I abandoned we evolve.
    Thank you for this series Ginnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. I always wanted to paint and even attempted oil painting when I was in high school. But my real love has always been watercolors. Realistically, I knew I'd never accomplish the real thing and so settled on photo manipulation, which I find to be quite soulful. Yes, we all do evolve!

      Delete
  3. There's lots of wisdom and beauty in this post. I esp love the Jan 16 coloring, just gorgeous. May we survive observant and wise (like Maisie in Henry James's novel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Ruth/Sister. We need much wisdom these days, don't we...as well as beauty. May we, indeed, "survive observant and wise," as we contribute in our own ways.

      Delete
  4. The watercolors are awesome; is this from Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. The watercolor app I use is on my iPad, Waterlogue, but the process is time-consuming in that I send a processed pic to my iPad for the app, and then I send it back to tweak further in Photoshop till it looks "right" to me. It's actually quite fun and soulful for me.

      Delete
  5. I don't even recall you saying you HAD snow there... well, it's a good thing we have photography, because my memory can't be trusted!! and yes, some optical illusion is welcomed :) and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a dusting of snow, twice thus far this winter, Elaine. Nothing like the REAL snow I grew up with in Michigan as a child! I really miss it. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Da Vinci is my man, I can see it now! :)

    I thoroughly enjoyed this post of yours, Ginnie, the images and the words. Thank you for sharing this artistic inspiration and food for thought. I couldn't understand Franklin P. Jones's words but when I translated them properly with the help of a dictionary, I loved them. So funny and smart! I need to write them down. And with that mandala you hit the nail on the head, such timely interpretation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Petra, for stopping by here again. I love adding these posts to Facebook weekend after weekend but especially like when I can group them together like this a month at a time. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh...I just love that first sheep image...and the watercolor version is pure perfection! And of course the pink and purple Pussy Hats had me right away! Yes, let's hope!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. You make such a good fan for me, which I deeply appreciate!

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...